A Florida nurse manager recently woke up to the sound of her daughter screaming in horror after discovering that the family's Germany Sheperd had mauled their Elf on the Shelf. Fortunately, Jenn Thelen's co-workers at the Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children in Orlando were there to save 7-year-old Aubrie's elf. A hilarious video that's gone viral shows the elf, named Sam, being wheeled into the emergency room. "We've got an amputation on the right arm, we've got a cut on the left arm," a nurse announces as Sam is prepped for surgery. The hospital wrote on Facebook that the "surgery" was performed on the elf using expired medical products and a "special" pair of gloves. "Aubrie knew that the elf could not be touched ,but Jenn told her that the 'magic gloves' would allow the team to work on Sam," the post explained. It went on to note that the stuffed toy was sprinkled with glitter and sent home after being repaired. "Sam is now back on his shelf and mom will definitely make sure that he is out of Zoey’s reach," it concluded.
Elf on the Shelf surgery video