Here are things you may not have thought of to do over the next 24 hours...and below you will find the emergency kit that you need to prepare for you and your family.
Thank you to Fast Company for making an easy check list to prepare you and your family!
According to the Department of Homeland Security’s taxpayer-funded preppers website, Ready.gov, here are the basic emergency supplies everyone should include in their disaster preparation kit. Shove everything except the water into a duffel bag and you’ll be ready to rumble the next time disaster strikes:
- Water – one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation
- Food – at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Manual can opener for food
- Local maps (as in, on paper)
- Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
Download the Recommended Supplies List (PDF)