Now that more of us are working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic, an efficient workspace is crucial. Here are some tips provided by bobvila.com to control outside noise.
1. If you don't already have one, switch to a solid wood door, It will absorb more sound than the common hollow-core door.
2. Install a door sweep or something similar, This will stop sound from sneaking through the space under the door. 3.
Add rugs, This will prevent sound from bouncing off the floor.
4. Install acoustic panels, They will absorb sound that typically bounces off of bare walls.
5. Caulk holes and cracks, You can find caulk made especially for soundproofing.
6. Install a drop ceiling, If noise is coming from the floor above you, installing a drop ceiling can provide a barrier of sound absorption.
7. Update windows, If it's in your budget, swap out any single-pane windows for double or triple-pane windows