Just in case you didn't think it through before you got your new, four-legged quarantine buddy, here are some guidelines for new dog owners:
1. Have respect for other pet owners. Make sure it is okay if your dog approaches theirs in public.
2. When greeting other dogs, be sure yours is relaxed and responsive to you.
3. Spay or neuter your dog.
4. When at the dog park, keep an eye on your pet to make sure they are behaving.
5. Always use a leash.
6. Bring bags with you to pick up after your dog when they go to the bathroom.
7. Train your pet to not bark at everything that passes by your home.
8. Give your dog some guidance, such as signing them up for an obedience class.
9. Pay for any damages your dog causes to other people's property