Winter can make pain worse for those who suffer from chronic medical conditions because joints don't receive enough lubrication and warmth. These 6 things, courtesy of digital health community The Mighty, may help to ease your pain.
1. Hot showers and baths: Hot water can be extremely therapeutic depending on your condition.
2. Gentle exercise: Slow walking, stretching and light weight lifting will keep your muscles healthy if you are able to do so.
3. Warm coffee/tea: These drinks can help warm you up from the inside and promote proper blood flow. Caffeine can also help cramps and headaches.
4. Heavy blankets: These can help to keep your body temperature regulated.
5. Watching movies/playing video games: Doing so can provide distraction while soothing the mind.
6. Medical/recreational marijuana: If legal where you live, different marijuana strains have been proven to help the body and mind when used appropriately.