Ice cream and summer go hand in hand, so here are some helpful ice cream hacks to make the most of the season’s best dessert.
- Experiment with new ingredients to wow your friends - Use unique ingredients, like edible flowers, honeycomb, and cayenne pepper to take your treat to the next level.
- Run a scooper under hot water prior to scooping - The metal will warm up, melting the ice cream a little as you scoop and making it easier. Makes sense, right? But when was the last time you did this?
- Start scooping around the edges - That’s where it warms up first, so it’s easier to scoop.
- Store your pint upside down to avoid freezer burn - The ice cream will slide down to it’s base and limit air exposure.
- Slice your pints to create discs for ice cream sandwiches - Or get the Ben & Jerry’s chocolate-dipped slices, either way your binge will be better.
- Place a jelly bean or marshmallow at the bottom of sugar cones to prevent leaks - And you get a bonus treat at the end.
- Slice a pint down the middle to create two makeshift bowls - And your prize for doing this is not having to wash as many dishes.
- Pre-scoop ice cream ahead of time and store in the freezer - Keep them stored in wax paper in the freezer for a treat that’s ready any time you are.
- Finish an almost-finished jar of Nutella or peanut butter with ice cream - Just drop in the ice cream and scrape all that Nutella or nut butter out of the jar along with it. Nothing goes to waste and you get a yummy treat.
- To keep ice cream at a perfect consistency, place its pint or carton in a plastic bag - It seems some people don’t finish a container of ice cream in one sitting and for those folks, wrapping the container in a bag insulates it and keeps the leftovers better.