If you’ve got a case of the munchies, but want to reach for something a little healthier than the Doritos, you might actually be reaching for something that's just as bad. There are a slew of “healthy” snacks out there that aren’t actually that great for you. You might be surprised by some of the things on this list. Check it out:
- Yogurt-covered snacks – They don’t actually contain that much yogurt!
- Granola bars – Lots of them are very high in sugar.
- Trail mixes – There are plenty of trail mixes with unhealthy items in them.
- Dried fruit – Some of it is processed with a lot of chemicals and sugars.
- Flavored milk – Stick to the regular stuff.
- Fruit-flavored yogurts – They’ve got tons of sugar, too!
- Bottled smoothies – Check the sugar content!
- Fruit juice – Again, loaded with sugar most of the time.
Make sure you’re checking the nutrition labels when you buy your healthy snacks. You never know when people are putting pounds of sugar into their recipes just for the sake of making it taste better. Sure, we all love a little sugar. But too much can be harmful to your health!