A Cameron Village restaurant announced Wednesday night, that the Wake County Department of Health and Human Services alerted the restaurant that the county's first coronavirus patient dined at the restaurant Saturday evening.
So-Ca Raleigh said they were informed by health officials that the man, who visited Washington state and flew into RDU in late February, ate there last weekend.
In an Instagram post, the restaurant said the restaurant has since been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
"We were able to bleach, rinse and sanitize every piece of silver, glassware, plate, table, door handle, touch screen, etc. and Lysol every chair and cushion before dinner service. You name it, it got cleaned and sanitized today. This is the cleanest restaurant in the Triangle tonight," owner Sean Degnan posted.
So-Ca said it has since followed guidelines given by the WCDHHS to limit exposure to customers.
Wake County HHS is mostly concerned with people who had sustained contact within a 6-foot-radius of the infected person for 10 or more minutes on Saturday evening.
The restaurant asks anyone who has experienced mild to severe respiratory illness since their visit is asked to contact the Wake County Department of Health and Human Services at (919) 250-4462.
Thanks to our news partner WTVD ABC 11 for their reporting on this story: