Britney Spears revealed that she nearly burned down her mansion.
Six months ago, Britney lit two candles at her home fitness gym. She accidentally left them burning following the workout. Britney confessed on Instagram, “It was an accident, but yes, I burnt it down. I walked past the door to the gym and flames BOOM!!!!!! By the Grace of God, the alarm went off after that and yippy hoorah nobody got hurt.”
The family evacuated the mansion and firefighters knocked down the flames. The fire damaged the gym and destroyed most of the equipment.
This is her third mishap with unattended candles. She torched a New York apartment early in her career. Also, growing up in Louisiana, Britney “somehow set her bathroom aflame with a misplaced candle.” (Billboard)