The El Dorado fire, one of the blazes burning in California over the weekend, was caused by a gender reveal party gone wrong.
The blaze, that began on Saturday, was ignited by a firework from a gender reveal party in Yucaipa. The fire has burned more than 8,000 acres and forced 21,000 residents to evacuate as thousands of homes are in danger.
In a press release about the fire and its cause, Cal Fire reminded residents that fires can start easily and said "those responsible for starting fired due to negligence or illegal activity can be held financially and criminally responsible." (LAist)